Just coz I look Malay that doesnt make me one

It was this morning and as it is I was already in a dull mood as I had to go for formal meetings and enquiries as early as 8am in KL. Mind you, travelling by the KTM commuter only means I have to leave by 6.30am. So after the bloody enquiry (which lasted till bout 2 and there were no refreshments served..dammit..!!) I stopped at KL Sentral to grab a bite.
As always in KL Sentral, apa lagi, McDonalds la the fastest and easiest food outlet to get ok tasting food. You cant go wrong with McDonalds now can you?? I ordered the normal cheepo McValue meal that is on promo for only RM7.95 and started to "melahap" on my food. Half way through I had a rude shock when someone came and hit me (ok am adding pepper and salt..tapped me rather roughly on my shoulder). It was a bunch of 5 men holding a clip board and one of them (I supposed he's the leader as he spoke for the lot) spoke. Conversation was like this.
Rude man : Tolong ikut kami ke tepi dik. Nak cakap sikit.
Me : Kenapa pulak bang?? (He looked young so I called him abang)
Rude man : Bulan ramadhan ni kalau tak puasa pun tak payah la nak buat kat tempat public..!!
Me : Bang, saya bukan Melayu la. Saya tak payah puasa.
Rude man : Alasan. Ikut kami please.
Me : Abang, bulan ramadhan ni, tak baik suruh perempuan yang duduk seorang seorang kat McD pergi layan 5 ornag lelaki kat tepi. Tak manis..!! (now TAKE that BITCH)
Rude man : Oh melawan eh?? Mak bapak tak ajar ke kat rumah?? IC mana?? IC, IC mana??
Me : Encik, nak IC saya buat apa? Kalau la IC saya tunjuk saya ni bukan Islam macam mana?? Of all people that you guys can come and check on, why me? Yes I look Malay but does that mean I am one?? Why do you have to be so rude?? Ask me properly and I'll show you. Look around. There are more Malay looking people around who is pratically in their baju kurung and all so why not check on them first.
Rude man : Suka hati kami nak buat apa. Hak kami..!! IC mana??
(so I showed him my IC and I didnt forget to drop my press ID, facial expression changed)
Me : So, encik puas?? Done making the routine checks on random innocent people??
Rude man : Kami tak salah. Kalau mencurigakan kami check.
Me : Saya mencurigakan ke?? Anyways I am not angry just feel that you are all too jumpy and rude. Just so you know I might actually feel embarrassed by your doings. Not expecting people like you to apologise because no point. You'll do the same thing tomorrow to another person anyways. (I smiled)
*suddenly the silence was broken when almost everyone in the McDonalds just stood up and clapped*
Ahh puas hati aku..!! Hahaha well its pretty stupid. Just cuz we're Malay looking doesnt make us one. Readers who are reading this please dont get me wrong. I have many Malay friends and I literally love everyone of them. My blog post is not intended to degrade anyone but am just expressing out an experience that I feel is really STOOOOPID. I mean we live in a country which is super multi-racial. Its only fair if everyone is treated with respect regardless the race and skin colour.
Well my dad always say that everything we do or learn basically comes from home so if we adults do not practice it how would our little ones follow?? Its not just about respecting one another but the fact we should learn to live with each other without prejudice and without analysing.
*Selamat Berpuasa*

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

background